John Paul Flynn BCL MA
A native of the Kingdom, Paul was the PRO of the UCC Societies' Guild for the year 2005/06 and was the Ex-Officio Officer of the Guild for the year 2006/07. Paul is a Bene Merenti recipient for his outstanding contribution to UCC societies, and he was awarded an Honorary Life Membership of the society in the 157th Session. Paul was the Director of Transport & Hospitality for Cork Worlds 2009.
Paul was an active and energetic participant on four Philosoph committees. Involved in, and interested by, house meetings from his first year, Paul's term as Internal Convenor/Internal Vice-Auditor was a hugely successful one. In the 157th Session addresses by David Hume and David Norris and debates on cannabis, Islam and US foreign policy all attracted crowds in their hundreds; the latter in particular gained notoriety when George Galloway MP stormed out of the debate half-way through. The success of Paul's house meetings contributed towards the Philosoph winning Society of the Year at the 2007 Societies' Awards.
- Internal Vice-Auditorof the 157th Session,
- Ex-Officio Officer (until September) of the 156th Session,
- PRO of the 155th Session and the
- Vice-Auditor of the 154th Session (from February); and was a
- Deputy Convenor and Hospitality Officer for Cork Europeans 2005.
- Director of Transport and Hospitality for Cork Worlds 2009.
- Semi-Finalist Durham Euros
(Partner Diarmuid Early)
- Participant Vancouver Worlds (Partner Daniel P. McCarthy)
- Participant Malaysia Worlds (Partner Diarmuid Early)
- Participant Dublin Worlds(Partner Danny Gleeson)
- Finalist Limerick IV (Partner Daniel P. McCarthy)
- Semi-Finalist Koc Euros (Partner Conor O'Brien)
- Winner UL IV 2008 (Partner Tony Murphy)
- Semi-Finalist Galway National Law Debates 2009 (Partner Luke Harris)
- Finalist (Breaking 1st) and Top of Speaker Tab: Euros Prep Competition 2009 (Partner: Luke Harris)